Bug or feature?

Shon Elliott selliott at unwiredbb.com
Mon May 4 20:17:31 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

When scheduling downtime, it asks to put in comments in the box and
select the time and what not. When you click submit, and it submits it
for processing, it puts all this data into the event log, but after it's
processed, the host comment only lists:

05-04-2009 10:31:13	(Nagios Process)	This host has been
scheduled for fixed downtime from 05-04-2009 10:31:01 to 05-04-2009
12:31:01. Notifications for the host will not be sent out during that
time period.	288	No	Scheduled Downtime	N/A	Delete
This Comment

It doesn't say who issued it or why (as listed in the comments field).
Is this normal behavior? If it is, can we get this added so it will also
add this information to the host comments area so that when someone goes
to look, it says who scheduled it and why?

The way I have to find this information out now is by reading the event
log.

Regards,
Shon Elliott
Senior Network Engineer