experience with check_sasraid_megaraid for Dell PERC 4?

Bo Gusman mlist at bogusville.us
Fri May 1 01:05:10 CEST 2009

grep -i raid /var/log/dmesg shows, for bullwinkle,

    Vendor: MegaRaid Model: LD 0 RAID1  69G Rev: 521X
    Vendor: MegaRaid Model: LD 1 RAID1 858G Rev: 521X

same as the h/w browser. So the kernel thinks there's something there.

That said

	./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl -H bullwinkle -C public -T megaraid -s 2c

all hell breaks loose:

    substr outside of string at ./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 461.
    Use of uninitialized value in split at ./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl
line 462.
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 482.
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 482.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 485.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 486.
    substr outside of string at ./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 527.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 535.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 537.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 538.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 540.
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 544.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 546.
    substr outside of string at ./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 586.
    Use of uninitialized value in split at ./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl
line 587.
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 590.
./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl line 595.

    hostname: bullwinkle
    community: public
    port: 161
    timeout: 15
    alert: CRITICAL
    phydrv_status: .1.3.6.1.4.1.3582.1.1.3.1.4 = endOfMibView | suffix =
, controller = 0, channel = 0, drive = , lun = 0
    logdrv_status: .1.3.6.1.4.1.3582.1.1.2.1.3 = endOfMibView |
logdrv_id = Megaraid CRITICAL - phy drv() unknown code
        endOfMibView, log drv() unknown code endOfMibView - 1 logical
disks, 0 physical drives, 1 controllers found

The upshot of it appears to be the "unknown code endOfMibView", whatever that may be.

    Bo