experience with check_sasraid_megaraid for Dell PERC 4?

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Fri May 1 00:16:23 CEST 2009

Since you are getting that error, I don't think the firewall is the
problem.  If it were the firewall, I'd expect a timeout issue.

First, make sure you are passing the proper community string and SNMP
version into the script:

./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl -H bullwinkle -C <community string> -T megaraid
-s <1 or 2c>

If you still are getting that error, try 'perc4' as your -T argument.

Lastly (or firstly, I suppose), check to make sure you actually have a
MegaRAID adapter:

dmesg | grep -i raid

If you do, you should see a line like:

Vendor: MegaRAID  Model: LD 0 RAID5  139G  Rev: 513O

James Moseley

Bo Gusman <mlist at bogusville.us>  wrote:

The second is that when running

    ./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl -H bullwinkle -T megaraid --debug

it fails:

    alert: CRITICAL
    snmp error: Requested table is empty or does not exist
    Megaraid UNKNOWN - could not retrieve snmp table
.1.3.6.1.4.1.3582.1.1.2.1.3