Bug, Feature or Layer 8 problem?

Andre Timmermann andre at nine.ch
Mon Mar 30 15:16:57 CEST 2009

Hello List,

we are generating the timeperiods for our oncall-support via script.
Sometimes, one line of the configfile semes to be ignored:

define timeperiod{
        timeperiod_name                 andre_2pikett_week
        alias                           Andre 2nd Pikett

    2009-03-29          09:00-24:00
    2009-03-30          00:00-09:00
    2009-03-30          18:00-24:00
    2009-03-31          00:00-09:00
}

In this case there is a problem with the second definition of
2009-03-30, it will be ignored. So I will not get any messages between
18:00 and 24:00.

Of course, if i I use
    2009-03-30          00:00-09:00,18:00-24:00
it will work.

Unfortunately there is no message during startup of nagios, stating that
it will ignore one line of my configfile.

Is this a bug or a feature? ;)

I am using Version 3.0.6 from Debian lenny.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Andre Timmermann
Nine Internet Solutions AG, Albisriederstr. 243c, CH-8047 Zuerich