Deleted init.d script

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 10:58:18 CEST 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Harry Rickards <hrickards at l33tmyst.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I copied the daemon-init script to /etc/init.d/nagios, and t
> works great. Am I right in thinking that to make Nagios start at
> system bootup, I have to create a link to /etc/init.d/nagios in
> /etc/rcS.d, and then enable nagios for my default runlevel with
> sysv-rc-conf, or just linking in the appropriate directory?

debian uses update-rc.d to create the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/; if you
cd to /etc/init.d and as root run

# update-rc.d nagios defaults [enter]

it should do what you want; maybe the symlinks already exist (you said
you deleted the init script, but if you didn't run update-rc.d to
remove the symlinks, they should be there (in theory); just check with
ls -l /etc/rc*.d/*nagios if you see broken links there.

--
groeten,
Natxo Asenjo