Users able to see services their not authenticated for

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Mar 27 14:52:25 CET 2009

On Mar 27, 2009, at 2:46 AM, Tore Lønøy wrote:

> I tried to create a "no-contactgroup" which has no members:
> define contactgroup {
>         contactgroup_name       no-contactgroup
>         alias   Group with none-existing user
> }
>

> And the service:
> define service {
>         host_name       XXX
>         service_description     XXX
>         check_period    24x7
>         check_command   check_nrpe!XXX
>         contact_groups  no-contactgroup
>         notification_period     18x7
>         initial_state   o
> []...
> }
>
> And the host:
> define host {
>         host_name       XXX
>         alias   XXX
>         address XXX
>         parents XXX2
>         check_command   check-host-alive
>         contact_groups  support
> [...]
> }
>
> Neither the host or the service have a contacts variable defined.

This does help clarify. If that service is applied to that host, then
'support' will indeed see that service but no one else will. Contacts
for hosts will automatically see all services on that host
(effectively they're at a higher level). See http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/cgiauth.html
. That particular authorization can't be restricted AFAIK.

--
Marc