Users able to see services their not authenticated for

Tore Lønøy tore.lonoy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 08:46:19 CET 2009

On Mar 26, 2009, at 10:51 AM, Tore L?n?y wrote:

> I've zeroed out the values for contacts and contactgroups, which
> should effectivly hide this service unless cgi.cfg tells otherwise
> for that user.
>
> But, any user is able to view this service, why?
>
> Ive tried to add myself to the contacts line and remove the
> contact_groups, so it would look like this:
>         contacts                  tore
> #        contact_groups
>
> But this still doesnt work, are regular operators are still able to
> view the service, why? Operators are members of a "operators" group,
> which is a contactgroup for all hosts.

<<
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectinheritance.html#implied_inheritance
<<
<< --
<< Marc

Hey Marc,

Thanks for the info, much appriciated. However, I cannot seem to understand
why all my users can view the service when the contacts and contact_groups
have no entries. As far as I understand the document in question, thoose
values are only inherited from the host when thoose values arn't defined in
the service object (in the cfg file).

I tried to create a "no-contactgroup" which has no members:
define contactgroup {
        contactgroup_name       no-contactgroup
        alias   Group with none-existing user
}

And the service:
define service {
        host_name       XXX
        service_description     XXX
        check_period    24x7
        check_command   check_nrpe!XXX
        contact_groups  no-contactgroup
        notification_period     18x7
        initial_state   o
[]...
}

And the host:
define host {
        host_name       XXX
        alias   XXX
        address XXX
        parents XXX2
        check_command   check-host-alive
        contact_groups  support
[...]
}

Neither the host or the service have a contacts variable defined.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!