Storing Historical Data into Oracle?

Christopher McAtackney cristoir at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 14:48:17 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm new to Nagios and was wondering about possible strategies for
storing service / host check results in an Oracle database.

I'm aware of an Oracle extension to NDOUtils
(https://www.nagiosforge.org/gf/project/ndoutils_oracle/) but I
believe that it is in a pre-alpha state, which makes it unsuitable for
my particular scenario (which will be the production-level monitoring
of about 200 business-critical hosts with 10+ services on each). I
would be happy to be corrected on this point, but as I said, I'm very
new to Nagios and so I'm making some guesses here.

Anyway, let's say I decide to go the route of catching the service
check results into my database manually, where would be the best place
to start? I'm envisioning some sort of script or service which INSERTs
into the Oracle database after each service/host check is performed.
Does Nagios support this sort of functionality?

Thanks very much folks, I appreciate any help you can offer,

Chris