nagios with two view

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Mar 20 14:14:16 CET 2009

On Mar 20, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Gian Paolo Buono wrote:

> Hi,
> I have nagios 3.0.3 on a FreeBsd server...
> I check over 700 host of which 600 of pruduction  (7x7 and 24x24)
> and 100 development  in office hours ...
> I wish to have two different views one for production server (ex: https://host/nagios/production)
>  and one for development server (ex: https://host/nagios/devel)...
>
> Do you have any suggestions? Create two instance?

No need... If you just want to have two different groupings, create
two hostgroups and assign hosts to their respective group.

If you want to limit the views (i.e. production contacts only see
production servers), then you'll need to enable Authorization/
Authentication for nagios. When that is configured, users must log in
and can only see hosts and services that they are contacts for (you
can use role accounts that everyone knows).

--
Marc