Host checks instead of service checks

Richard Quintin rich+nagios at quintinz.com
Mon Mar 16 16:26:12 CET 2009

You could use check_dummy for the host check and just have it always
return OK.
Or perhaps the opposite you could add a check_dummy service check for
all hosts.

Which you choose will depend upon your personal preference and how you
want dependencies to be handled.

Richard Quintin, DBA
Database & Application Administration
Virginia Tech