SELinux problem for SNMP

Satish Patel satish at linuxbug.org
Thu Mar 5 18:25:12 CET 2009

Thansk your reply

I have checked IPtables and other related stuff with security port
security i found one thing when i perform snmp CPU Load plugin its
working fine measn i have access of snmp quary for CPU oid. Then why i
am not able to Disk monitoring via SNMP?

Notes:- I have few NFS mount point whicg is mounted at /mnt directory
is this the problem ? might be selinux not allow to snmp query to /mnt
filesystem. when i check my /var/log/messages file i got Access denied
on /mnt mounted file system with snmpd error

here my logs

Mar  5 11:34:54 server02 snmpd[17536]: /mnt/to-rap-cm-bak01/h:
Permission denied
Mar  5 11:34:54 server02 snmpd[17536]: /mnt/to-rap-cm-bak01/i:
Permission denied
Mar  5 11:34:54 server02 snmpd[17536]: /mnt/ustnsto-lin03/opt/comtel:
Permission denied
Mar  5 11:34:54 server02 snmpd[17536]:
/mnt/ustnsto-lin03/media/usbdisk: Permission denied
Mar  5 11:34:54 server02 kernel: smb_add_request: request [d31eee80,
mid=22042] timed out!
Mar  5 11:34:54 server02 kernel: audit(1236270894.187:224715): avc:
denied  { read append } for  pid=17536 comm="snmpd" name="snmpd.log"
dev=dm-3 ino=393320 scontext=root:system_r:snmpd_t
tcontext=user_u:object_r:var_log_t tclass=file
Mar  5 11:34:54 server02 kernel: audit(1236270894.187:224716): avc:
denied  { search } for  pid=17536 comm="snmpd" name="mnt" dev=dm-0
ino=65537 scontext=root:system_r:snmpd_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:mnt_t tclass=dir

Regards,

Satish Patel