Need help to monitor ASP.NET performance counters for windows 2008

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 02:23:59 CET 2009

Perfomance Counters on windows are sometimes tricky
Have you looked at log files for Nsclient++ ?

Have you tried NC_NEt for these yet?
- It comunicates with Check_nt as well
but does not require any configuration on the Windows Host side other than
install and start for all the standard pNsClient commands/Defaults

I think you may need to tweek you Nagios Configuration for this issue - I
found sometimes the " get parsed out when passed to the Command definition
try the following:
define command {
        command_name    check_nt_counters
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -s
password -v COUNTER -l "$ARG1$" -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
        }

define service{
        use                             windows-service
        host_name                       host1
        service_description             ASP.NET_Apps-Sessions_Active
        check_command
check_nt_counters!\\ASP.NET<http://asp.net/>Apps v2.050727\\Sessions
Active!2000!2500
        }