Ndoutils MySQL performance problem?

Livio Zanol Puppim livio.zanol.puppim at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:44:28 CET 2009

Hello everyone!

I'm having huge troubles with Mysql using 100% of CPU at peculiar times. I
don't know when this problem starts and I don't know the reason, but when it
happends I kill nagios, ndoutils and Mysql, and try to restart Mysql,
ndoutils and Nagios at this order. When I start Nagios, the CPU usage of
Mysql goes to 100% and everything just freezes with the initials
INSERT/UPDATES made by ndoutils.

Has anyone had the same problem? I've changed my.cnf to hold slow-queries
logging, an have seen at intervals of 1 minute a query runned by ndo that
tries to delete service_checks results. It takes about 4 seconds too run. Is
this expected? Can anyone help me?

Running Nagios 3.0.3, Debian etch, NDO2DB 1.4b7 and mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib
5.0.45.

Slow-Queries log:
# Time: 090303 14:29:25
# User at Host: ndoutils[ndoutils] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 4  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0
DELETE FROM nagios_servicechecks WHERE instance_id='1' AND
start_time<FROM_UNIXTIME(1235496561);
# Time: 090303 14:30:26
# User at Host: ndoutils[ndoutils] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 4  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0
DELETE FROM nagios_servicechecks WHERE instance_id='1' AND
start_time<FROM_UNIXTIME(1235496622);

Thank you.
--
[]'s