Problem getting past main page

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Jun 25 16:39:05 CEST 2009

Hi there --

I can answer your questions in the order they were asked:

1. I made sure to restart apache after the changes were made via the "sudo
/etc/init.d/httpd restart" command syntax.

2. The output of the apachectl configtest is the following:
            [Thu Jun 25 10:22:48 2009] [warn] The ScriptAlias directive in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line 566 will probably never match because it
overlaps an earlier Alias.
            [Thu Jun 25 10:22:48 2009] [warn] The Alias directive in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line 583 will probably never match because it
overlaps an earlier Alias.
            Syntax OK

3. The files that are located in the /usr/local/nagios/sbin directory are the
following:
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 229964 Jun 24 15:48 avail.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 225272 Jun 24 15:48 cmd.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 193036 Jun 24 15:48 config.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 246284 Jun 24 15:48 extinfo.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 197292 Jun 24 15:48 histogram.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 176684 Jun 24 15:48 history.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 172812 Jun 24 15:48 notifications.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 168460 Jun 24 15:48 outages.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 172844 Jun 24 15:48 showlog.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 234156 Jun 24 15:48 status.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 190220 Jun 24 15:48 statusmap.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 188940 Jun 24 15:48 statuswml.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 172588 Jun 24 15:48 statuswrl.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 193100 Jun 24 15:48 summary.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 184940 Jun 24 15:48 tac.cgi
            -rwxrwxr-x 1 nagios nagios 201388 Jun 24 15:48 trends.cgi

4. The permissions of the files would seem to indicate the apache user has read
and execute permissions. If necessary, I can change the permissions
    to match those of the owner and group.

5. I ran the tail -f command on the error_log file, and went through the motions
of clicking on the links of the main page. The error messages appeared
   on-screen, while the following entries appeared in the log file:

      [Thu Jun 25 10:29:38 2009] [error] [<nagios server>] File does not exist:
/usr/local/nagios/share/cgi-bin, referer: http://<nagios server>/nagios/side.php
<http://132.183.12.194/nagios/side.php>
      [Thu Jun 25 10:29:44 2009] [error] [<nagios server>] File does not exist:
/usr/local/nagios/share/cgi-bin, referer: http://<nagios server>/nagios/side.php
<http://132.183.12.194/nagios/side.php>
      [Thu Jun 25 10:29:48 2009] [error] [<nagios server>] File does not exist:
/usr/local/nagios/share/cgi-bin, referer: http://<nagios server>/nagios/side.php
<http://132.183.12.194/nagios/side.php>

6. When I go to the http://<nagioshost>/nagios page, I get the splash screen for
the Nagios application. The error occurs whenever I click on any of the
    links starting from the Current Status group and going down the list.

7. The host in question is a CentOS 5.3 system running on the i386 architecture.

8. The original Nagios 2.6 directory was copied as a tar file and via sftp from
the original Nagios server to the new one. The tar file was extracted into the
    /usr/local directory. The nagios user and group were created, with the
former being given a home directory and utilizing the nologin shell. The Nagios
   3.1.2 application was compiled from source on the new server, with the
following arguments:

    configured by ./configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.61, with options
\"'--prefix=/usr/local/nagios' '--with-nagios-user=nagios'
'--with-nagios-grp=nagios'\"

What do you think?