Nagios SLA tool

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Jun 23 16:27:21 CEST 2009

Ulf Karlsson wrote:

> I hope there will be a nicer solution available soon integrated with
> Merlin and Ninja - that SLA reporting that Andreas pointed to is
> really nice but it was not really packaged for use outside op5 last
> time I checked the Git repository a week ago or so.

It is indeed supposed to be integrated with Ninja in the fullness of
time. Right now we have precious little time to make reports-gui usable
out of the box, so it's unlikely we'll do anything about it before the
reports+Ninja integration is complete.

Thanks for the kind words, btw. It's mainly our webdesigner My who's
to blame/praise for the design. I just fiddle with the core bits that
bring up the numbers, as my sense of style is very nearly as good as
that of a roadkilled toad.

> I'd like to thank op5 for all the good work that everyone will profit
> from. I hope that we will have the opportunity to give something back
> to op5 at some point.

Well, if you're looking for work, you could make reports-gui work with
the merlin database instead of the monitor_gui one. That would be one
giant leap towards making it perfectly possible to decouple it from
the monitor-gui dependency, and also make it easier to integrate the
reports into Ninja.

The only real difference between the two databases that should affect
reports-gui is the service-table, where host_name is a varchar(100)
containing the actual host_name the service is linked to instead of
an id-number linking into the host table, so it should be quite easy
really.

The object importer class used by Merlin could then be shipped with
reports-gui, which would decouple it completely from both merlin and
monitor-gui, making it possible to run our reporting tool as a stand-
alone product.

Patches welcome in case anyone else is interested in doing this. I'm
sorry to say we're a bit behind schedule with Merlin and Ninja and
thus we don't have time to take care of this rather trivial step on
our own :-/

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.