ndoutils 1.3.1

Carsten Schmidt ng.nagios at schmidt24.org
Mon Jun 22 21:54:24 CEST 2009

Hello Natalie,

you need to compile ndoutils with mysql-support. A normal ./configure
should find the required files, so maybe:

a) your system lacks the mysql-development-libraries (on debian/ubuntu
the package is called "libmysqlclient-dev" I think).
configure should write out the following lines:
checking mysql/mysql.h usability... yes
checking mysql/mysql.h presence... yes
checking for mysql/mysql.h... yes
MySQL library and include file(s) were found!
If you have installed the development files just do "./configure &&
make" again.

b) configure can't just find them, for that case the README at
ndoutils-1.4b7 told the following:

Use the following commands to compile the NDO broker module, NDO2DB
daemon, and
additional utilities:

        ./configure
        make

If the configure script is unable to locate your MySQL or PostgreSQL
development
libraries, you may need to help it out by using the --with-mysql-lib or
--with-pgsql-lib options.  Here's an example:

        ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql

good luck
-- Carsten