REPOST: Problem in Preflight Check with commands.cfg

Guy Waugh guidosh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:03:54 CEST 2009

Hi there,

All I can suggest is:

1. "cd /etc/nagios3/conf.d; grep -r check_dns *" and see if the command
definition appears twice anywhere;
2. Vet your nagios.cfg carefully and make sure you're not inadvertently
including the same file twice, files from somewhere else etc.; and
3. Deleting the lines around the definition of the check_dns command, and
the command definition itself, and retyping it manually (to make sure no
strange characters have found their way in there somewhere).

You've probably done the equivalent of all those already, but that's all I
can think of...

Cheers,
Guy.