Return code of 142 is out of bounds

Mat W lmw94002 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 16:54:38 CEST 2009

there's the FAQ... http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=17

I think this can also happen when some checks returns -no- value, or return a string when expecting an integer, etc.  essentially encountering something the plugin isn't expecting which could be leading to "bad exit" from the script.

Can you recreate this from the command line?

--
Mat W. - http://www.techadre.com