nagios future?

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Jun 17 14:43:22 CEST 2009

Didn't have the time to catch up on Merlin, but I ran a few more Tests
with Icinga IDO and libdbi Oracle - it fails hard.

Tested against Oracle 11g, DB connection successfull but error in
address mapping while doing a simple DB insert. Meaning the oracle
driver for libdbi is broken and in case of using the libdbi and Oracle
we'll have to fix the driver or code a new one eventually based on the
ocilib (check libdbi-devel list)

Ah, and the DB scheme is modified in the following parts:

- kicked table prefix (saves characters for renaming only one table)
- serviceescalation_contactgroups => serviceescalationcontactgroups
- the PKs are [tablename]_id - that sucks a lot, so it is only "id" and
the queries need to be modified partly (since the IDO is only an INSERT
and DELETE by date tool it is not that much work)

--
DI (FH) Michael Friedrich
michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tel: +43 1 4277 14359