nagvis requires ndoutils; how stable is ndoutils?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 09:20:28 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Giorgio Zarrelli<zarrelli at linux.it> wrote:
> it works. It's not the best, it has some overhead problems with MySql,
> causing some taxing utilization of the cpu, but it works. Sometimes you
> can fall in some indexing problems, but you can workaround them with this
> sql clause:

Thanks Giorgio and Marc-André. I think those comments confirm what I
thought. It is somewhat unstable and unfit to push into a production
environment. Nagvis did look so cool otherwise though!

Support also seems sort of iffy. I was toying with using the ndo2fs
backend but there is very little documentation. Besides usually Nagios
questions generate a lot of responses on the list but the relative
silence for my Nagvis questions seems to say that not so many users
are trying it yet.

--
Rahul