nagios -->> ndo2db -->> centreon

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Jun 4 14:05:01 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 10:19 +1000, Simon Finch wrote:
> HTML document attachment (Text.htm)
> James,
>
> The instance name refers to the Nagios instance id and 'Central' is
> the default created by Centreon.
> Port 5668 is the default port that the NDO broker module will send
> data to. The corresponding NDO receiver port is defined in the
> ndo2db.cfg file and these 2 need to match up.

Yes, these match.

> 2 things to look at, when you compiled NDO the modules generated were
> ndomod-2x.o and ndomod-3x.o, your config is referring to ndomod.o, did
> you rename the compiled module to match ?

Yes, using the 2x.o version

> Ndo2db does not automatically start, you need to start it and create
> an init script to start the daemon during boot up.

Yes, did this and ndo2db is running.

Since yesterday evening I have this in:
/var/lib/nagios/nagios.log

[1244077263] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1244080863] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1244084463] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1244088063] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1244091663] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1244095263] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1244098863] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1244102463] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1244106063] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1244109663] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1244113263] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.

But I still have a disconnect somewhere. I'm not getting monitoring
information in centreon for the host I have setup.

Thanks,
James