Antwort: Announcement: Brooklyn for Nagios now available for iPhone and iPod Touch!

D. Emmanuel Feinsmith daniel at danielemmanuelfeinsmith.com
Tue Jun 2 16:26:41 CEST 2009

Sascha,

I have considered and done some preliminary research on developing the
app for the Blackberry. The Blackberry SDK is nowhere near as powerful
as that of the iPhone, and also, the amount of memory available to
running software is also quite a bit less, so as a result, the options
are somewhat limited on that platform.

I have investigated the Google Android platform as another
possibility. All coding on Android is in Java. Its UI is, again, very
limited in comparison to the iPhone/iPod Touch, and the number of
people with those phones is also pretty small. Also up coming is the
new Palm Pre platform, which is quite interesting.

I am still researching the Blackberry development option. It'd be nice
to get an idea of demand. I wonder how many serious admins are using
Blackberry's vs. iPhones.

Daniel.