MIB additions

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Thu Jul 30 05:13:32 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Richard
Remington<rremington at messagevision.com> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> A common place for MIB libraries on Linux boxen is /usr/share/snmp/
> mibs. As Nagios uses the common SNMP utilities, putting a MIB in this
> directory should work, it does for me.

If Net-SNMP is configured for this :).  You can set mibdirs and mibs
to load by default for the Net-SNMP utilities in snmp.conf (under
/etc/snmp/snmp.conf for RH flavors):

from man snmp.conf:

       mibdirs DIRLIST
              specifies  a  list of directories to search for MIB files.  This
              operates in the same way as the -M option - see  snmpcmd(1)  for
              details.   Note that this value can be overridden by the MIBDIRS
              environment variable, and the -M option.

       mibs MIBLIST
              specifies a list of MIB  modules  (not  files)  that  should  be
              loaded.   This  operates  in the same way as the -m option - see
              snmpcmd(1) for details.  Note that this list can  be  overridden
              by the MIBS environment variable, and the -m option.

       mibfile FILE
              specifies  a  (single) MIB file to load, in addition to the list
              read from the mibs token (or  equivalent  configuration).   Note
              that  this  value  can be overridden by the MIBFILES environment
              variable.