Help with check_cluster plugin

Guy Waugh guidosh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 16:51:49 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM, shadih rahman <shadhin71 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to monitor 3 exchange server and combined them with
> check_cluster to report if there was any issue with them or not.  If any of
> my exchange server is down then my check_cluster should report down.  So I
> have 3 individual exchange checks as listed below
>
> define  service {
>         use                                use-standard
>         host_name                    EXCHANGE1.com
>         service_description       executive_exchange_check
>         servicegroups                exchangecheck
>         check_command
> check_email_service!nagios-ex1!something!pasword
>         contact_groups              standard
> }
>
> define  service {
>         use                                use-standard
>         host_name                    EXCHANGE2.com
>         service_description       executive_exchange_check
>         servicegroups                exchangecheck
>         check_command
> check_email_service!nagios-ex2!something!password+
>         contact_groups              standard
> }
>
> define  service {
>         use                                use-standard
>         host_name                    EXCHANGE3.com
>         service_description       executive_exchange_check
>         servicegroups                exchangecheck
>         check_command
> check_email_service!nagios-ex3!something!password
>         contact_groups              standard
> }
>

> Now I have the following check_cluster check.
>
> define  service {
>         use                               standard
>         service_description      exchangestatus
>         servicegroups              Executive_dashboard
>         check_command
> check_cluster_service!"exchangecheck"!0:0!0:0!$SERVICESTATEID:CUIT-EXCHANGE1.com:executive_exchange_check,$SERVICESTATEID:CUIT-EXCHANGE2.com:executive_exchange_check,$SERVICESTATEID:CUIT-EXCHANGE3.com:executive_exchange_check$
>         contact_groups          atg
> }
>

> First, my cluster check "exchangestatus" . does it need any association
> with any hostgroup?  I want "Executive_dashboard" servicegroup to show only
> one "exchangestatus" check not three.  I set the warnning and critical to be
> 0:0 and 0:0.  I want anything but "OK" state to alert me.  Is my threshold
> setting correct?  Please advise on this.  Thanks

It looks like you don't have the dollar symbol at the end of your
comma-separated values in field 4, and fields 2 and 3 should perhaps be 0
and 1 (indicating 'if any more services than 0 are down, raise a warning
alert, and if any more services than 1 are down, raise a critical alert'.
Perhaps you should have:

check_command
check_cluster_service!"exchangecheck"!0!1!$SERVICESTATEID:CUIT-EXCHANGE1.com:executive_exchange_check$,$SERVICESTATEID:CUIT-EXCHANGE2.com:executive_exchange_check$,$SERVICESTATEID:CUIT-EXCHANGE3.com:executive_exchange_check$

Regards,
Guy.