Help with check_cluster plugin

shadih rahman shadhin71 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 16:15:38 CEST 2009

I am trying to monitor 3 exchange server and combined them with
check_cluster to report if there was any issue with them or not.  If any of
my exchange server is down then my check_cluster should report down.  So I
have 3 individual exchange checks as listed below

define  service {
        use                                use-standard
        host_name                    EXCHANGE1.com
        service_description       executive_exchange_check
        servicegroups                exchangecheck
        check_command
check_email_service!nagios-ex1!something!pasword
        contact_groups              standard
}

define  service {
        use                                use-standard
        host_name                    EXCHANGE2.com
        service_description       executive_exchange_check
        servicegroups                exchangecheck
        check_command
check_email_service!nagios-ex2!something!password+
        contact_groups              standard
}

define  service {
        use                                use-standard
        host_name                    EXCHANGE3.com
        service_description       executive_exchange_check
        servicegroups                exchangecheck
        check_command
check_email_service!nagios-ex3!something!password
        contact_groups              standard
}

Now I have the following check_cluster check.

define  service {
        use                               standard
        service_description      exchangestatus
        servicegroups              Executive_dashboard
        check_command
check_cluster_service!"exchangecheck"!0:0!0:0!$SERVICESTATEID:CUIT-EXCHANGE1.com:executive_exchange_check,$SERVICESTATEID:CUIT-EXCHANGE2.com:executive_exchange_check,$SERVICESTATEID:CUIT-EXCHANGE3.com:executive_exchange_check$
        contact_groups          atg
}

First, my cluster check "exchangestatus" . does it need any association with
any hostgroup?  I want "Executive_dashboard" servicegroup to show only one
"exchangestatus" check not three.  I set the warnning and critical to be 0:0
and 0:0.  I want anything but "OK" state to alert me.  Is my threshold
setting correct?  Please advise on this.  Thanks

--
Cordially,
Shadhin Rahman