Antwort: Notification oddity

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Fri Jul 24 09:16:05 CEST 2009

> I’ve checked my Contacts, as well as my Host and Service
> notifications entries and all are configured W,U,C,R for 24x7. I’ve
> even done some work on Nagios today and restarted to load in some
> new stuff, but I’m still not seeing anything other than Critical
> notifications.
>
> Clearly I’m missing something. I would appreciate any advice.

Did you check the MTAs - local and the relay?
Maybe the relay you are using started ditching your mails
because of some strange anti-spam or maybe your host got
throttled by the mailserver because it was sending too much
mails. Just an idea, but I've seen strange setups of "local
relays" being Exchange or Domino servers with really stupid
policies ;)

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522