Ubuntu 9.x and Nagios 3.1.2 - Error "declared with atribute warn_unused_result"

Mirza Dedic mirde at oppy.com
Wed Jul 22 19:34:58 CEST 2009

Hello,

When I try to compile Nagios on my new box I keep getting a lot of:

utils.c:4475: warning: ignoring return value of âasprintfâ, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
utils.c:3352: warning: ignoring return value of âwriteâ, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
utils.c: In function âsubmit_raw_external_commandâ:
utils.c:4079: warning: ignoring return value of âasprintfâ, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

Errors.

The make all, make, make install works fine and Nagios gets installed.. should I be worried about the errors?