mem up to 99%

Meyer Jerome Jerome.Meyer at baldata.ch
Wed Jul 22 08:05:23 CEST 2009

Hi

Thanks for your answer!
I'll tune it....

Here's the statistics:
# nscd -g
nscd configuration:

              0  server debug level
130d 16h  2m 29s  server runtime
              6  current number of threads
             32  maximum number of threads
              0  number of times clients had to wait
             no  paranoia mode enabled
           3600  restart internal

passwd cache:

            yes  cache is enabled
            yes  cache is persistent
            yes  cache is shared
            211  suggested size
         216064  total data pool size
           1136  used data pool size
            600  seconds time to live for positive entries
             20  seconds time to live for negative entries
             30  cache hits on positive entries
            169  cache hits on negative entries
          28932  cache misses on positive entries
            191  cache misses on negative entries
              0% cache hit rate
             12  current number of cached values
             70  maximum number of cached values
              2  maximum chain length searched
              0  number of delays on rdlock
              0  number of delays on wrlock
              0  memory allocations failed
            yes  check /etc/passwd for changes

group cache:

            yes  cache is enabled
            yes  cache is persistent
            yes  cache is shared
            211  suggested size
         216064  total data pool size
            712  used data pool size
           3600  seconds time to live for positive entries
             60  seconds time to live for negative entries
            250  cache hits on positive entries
              3  cache hits on negative entries
           1062  cache misses on positive entries
          41864  cache misses on negative entries
              0% cache hit rate
              7  current number of cached values
             39  maximum number of cached values
              1  maximum chain length searched
              0  number of delays on rdlock
              0  number of delays on wrlock
              0  memory allocations failed
            yes  check /etc/group for changes

hosts cache:

            yes  cache is enabled
             no  cache is persistent
            yes  cache is shared
            211  suggested size
         216064  total data pool size
            128  used data pool size
            600  seconds time to live for positive entries
              0  seconds time to live for negative entries
              0  cache hits on positive entries
              0  cache hits on negative entries
            536  cache misses on positive entries
              0  cache misses on negative entries
              0% cache hit rate
              1  current number of cached values
             32  maximum number of cached values
              2  maximum chain length searched
              0  number of delays on rdlock
              0  number of delays on wrlock
              0  memory allocations failed
            yes  check /etc/{hosts,resolv.conf} for changes

regards
Jérôme