Fwd: Compiling nagios-3.0.6 on RHEL5-x86_64 -- SOLVED

Guy Waugh guidosh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 19:17:04 CEST 2009

Hi again,

I'm pleased to report that I've got past this hurdle. For some reason, the
server didn't have both the i386 and x86_64 versions of gd-devel,
libpng-devel, freetype-devel and libjpeg-devel installed, only one (and it
wasn't consistent as to which one either). How that happened, I don't know,
but it all works now that both versions of each of those packages are
installed.

Cheers,
Guy.