NRPE + check_oracle + XINET.d = Problem

Paulo Andrade paulo at mobilecard.com.br
Mon Jul 20 22:06:04 CEST 2009

Hi Nagios community,

I got a problem with NRPE Addon working under XINET.d when the check_oracle plugin is used.

If the NRPE service is started as a "deamon", the check_oracle plugin works fine. But if I use check_oracle under XINET.d I got this following error:

Cannot determine ORACLE_HOME for sid DB1

I googled it and most of people says to check the owner and read/write parameters of the Oracle path/directories and Nagios paths. But it don't solve my problem.

I tried to initialize the XINET.d with the "-d" debug parameter and I didnt see and error message.

I think there are a solution for it.

Paulo Andrade
MobileCard