$NOTIFICATIONISESCALATED$ not defined

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Mon Jul 20 15:03:56 CEST 2009

Am Montag, 20. Juli 2009 14:21:03 schrieb Marc Powell:
> On Jul 20, 2009, at 4:17 AM, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Back in April there was a thread about the macro
> > $NOTIFICATIONISESCALATED$ in
> > note defined. See:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg25665.h
> >tml
> >
> > I stumbled upon the same problem. I only get a "$" sign. Is there
> > any solution
> > for the problem?
>
> Don't know. Neither the original poster you reference, nor you provide
> the information necessary to determine what the problem might really
> be. See my response to the post above. Nobody else responded to it so
> I would assume few, if anyone, are using this macro.
>
> Be very specific about how and when you are using this macro.
>
> --
> Marc

Hi,

my command definition is:

define command{
    command_name    notify-netappvol-by-email
    command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService:
$SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$ ($HOSTALIAS$)\nAddress:
$HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time:
$LONGDATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$\n\nWebsite:
http://cpwa-nagios05-t/nagios/nagvis/nagvis/index.php?map=$HOSTNAME$\n\n
Is escalated: $NOTIFICATIONISESCALATED$\n\nService ChecksNotification number:
$SERVICENOTIFICATIONNUMBER$" | /bin/mail -r "Nagios
05 test <nagios-noreply at xxx.de>" -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Service
Alert: $HOSTNAME$ ($HOSTALIAS$)/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **"
$CONTACTEMAIL$
}

nagios version 3.0.6

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42