Hostgtroup question

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jul 14 21:52:00 CEST 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Morris, Patrick wrote:

> Hi Dale!
>
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Dale J. Chatham wrote:
>
>> I don't seem to be able to do this:
>>
>> # vim:ts=4:ai:expandtabs
>> #
>> #
>> define hostgroup {
>>     hostgroup_name                            all-hst
>>     alias                                     all-hst
>>     members                                   *
>> }
>>
>> # vim:ts=4:ai:expandtabs
>> #
>> #
>> define hostgroup {
>>     hostgroup_name                            basic_svc_snmp-svc
>>     alias                                     basic_svc_snmp-svc
>>     hostgroup_members                         all-hst,!basic_svc_ns-
>> svc
>> }
>>
>> If it is not possible at this point, I'd like to suggest it as a
>> somewhat obvious extension to hostgroup definitions.
>
> It's not possible now -- members of hostgroups need to be hosts, and
> can't be other hostgroups.

Actually, that's what the hostgroup_members directive is for. What's
in question is the regex matching of '!basic_svc' to exclude it and
whether that _should_work. I can find no specific example in the
documentation that indicates it should and am not in a position to
test it. My feeling is that it isn't supported there but I could be
wrong. If the OP gets no other bites, asking on nagios-devel might be
more useful in either case.

--
Marc