Installing on Solaris 10 with a package

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Wed Jul 8 14:19:32 CEST 2009

Perfect. Thanks a lot.

From: Duncan Ferguson [mailto:duncan.ferguson at opsera.com]
Sent: 08 July 2009 11:51
To: Brian O'Mahony
Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Installing on Solaris 10 with a package

On 8 Jul 2009, at 11:12, Brian O'Mahony wrote:

Im using a package from monitoring exchange
(http://www.monitoringexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed/3061.html;d=1)
For installing on some SPARC 10 systems.

I installed on one system, and it works perfectly, nothing to be done, and I can check_nrpe -H localhost, or access it from another machine using the name.

The second machine I installed it on, later, gives :
bash-3.00# ./check_nrpe -H localhost
CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

Make sure you have the SUNWcryr and SUNWcryx packages installed to allow for full encryption.  Without those packages nrpe cannot negotiate a working key length properly (it defaults to 256 bit keys which it cannot generate without the extra packages).

http://www.sun.com/download/index.jsp?cat=Security&tab=3&subcat=Cryptography%20%26%20Encryption

  Duncs

--
Duncan Ferguson
Senior Developer

[cid:image001.gif at 01C9FFCE.BB642C60]

Opsera Limited | Unit 69 Suttons Business Park
Reading | Berkshire | RG6 1AZ | UK

Phone:   +44 (0) 845 057 7887
Mobile:   +44 (0) 7968 148 748
Skype:   duncan_j_ferguson     Email:   duncan.ferguson at opsera.com<mailto:duncan.ferguson at opsera.com>
www.opsera.com<http://www.opsera.com/>

Opsera Limited is registered in the UK under Company Number 5396532. Our registered office is Gorse View, Horsell Rise, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4RB.