Installing on Solaris 10 with a package

Duncan Ferguson duncan.ferguson at opsera.com
Wed Jul 8 12:50:41 CEST 2009

On 8 Jul 2009, at 11:12, Brian O'Mahony wrote:

> Im using a package from monitoring exchange
> (http://www.monitoringexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed/3061.html;d=1
> )
> For installing on some SPARC 10 systems.
>
> I installed on one system, and it works perfectly, nothing to be
> done, and I can check_nrpe –H localhost, or access it from another
> machine using the name.
>
> The second machine I installed it on, later, gives :
> bash-3.00# ./check_nrpe -H localhost
> CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

Make sure you have the SUNWcryr and SUNWcryx packages installed to
allow for full encryption.  Without those packages nrpe cannot
negotiate a working key length properly (it defaults to 256 bit keys
which it cannot generate without the extra packages).

http://www.sun.com/download/index.jsp?cat=Security&tab=3&subcat=Cryptography%20%26%20Encryption

   Duncs

--
Duncan Ferguson
Senior Developer

Opsera Limited | Unit 69 Suttons Business Park
Reading | Berkshire | RG6 1AZ | UK

Phone:   +44 (0) 845 057 7887
Mobile:   +44 (0) 7968 148 748
Skype:   duncan_j_ferguson     Email:   duncan.ferguson at opsera.com
www.opsera.com

Opsera Limited is registered in the UK under Company Number 5396532.
Our registered office is Gorse View, Horsell Rise, Woking, Surrey,
GU21 4RB.