Checking URL on windows-client using NSClient++

jvc_dvl557 at hotmail.com jvc_dvl557 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:03:40 CEST 2009

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for the detailed explenation.

I discovered that I even didn't had NRPE installed, now I do.

I got everything running, except for the exit/output code. Nagios runs the script on the client host perfectly but it gives me an error saying: No output available from command (c:\windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo "c:\nsclient\scripts\check_website.vbs"

This is the vbs script I used and edited a bit with some help of google (i'm not a vbs expert): http://pastebin.com/f6e35c30b

When I run this vbs script via a batch file to debug it's output :
wscript check_website.vbs
echo wscript returned %errorlevel%
I get the result of 0 or 1 just like it should be.

Do you, or anyone else, have any suggestions on how to finetune this so that i can solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Dennis de Vries