Disable daemon.notice messages to syslog

Jeff Marble jrmarble at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 00:40:37 CET 2009

Fellow Nagios Systems Engineers,

I am running nrpe 2.12 with Nagios 3.0.3 on Solaris 10 on SPARC across
my site and getting daemon.notice messages on each of my clients, each
time the Nagios server connects.  Whether there is a failure or not.
The messages show up on the client.

I can disable this by not collecting daemon.notice information in
syslog but want to know when a problem truly does happen.

I have debug=0 in nrpe.cfg and expect that to disable messages being
sent to syslogd.  I have looked through the source and cannot find
anything that matches what is recored by syslog.

The messages are:
Jan 30 16:31:08 entropi inetd[605]: [ID 317013 daemon.notice]
nrpe[3373] from 198.192.62.2 46601

entropi is the client name and changes with the client
605
198.192.62. is the nagios server.  This is always the same.
The message is recorded at the client

Let me know if more information would be useful.  Any help will be
appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff

--