Strange problem with plugins timing out

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 14:42:57 CET 2009

> Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  I'm not sure where to
> look to start troubleshooting the problem.

I was able to alleviate the service check alarms by increasing my
check_by_ssh plugin timeout to 30 seconds, however I'm still getting
timeouts on ping tests, even inspite of the -t 60 flag on my ping
command.

Additional Info:

CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds

Here's how my check_by_ping plugin is configured:

command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 3000.0,80% -c
5000.0,100% -p 5 -t 60

Can anyone help me?  Why is it still timing out after ten seconds,
even when I have explicitly set the timeout at 60 seconds??