Antwort: Mail Notifications by external SMTP

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Wed Jan 28 12:25:13 CET 2009

"Jaume Soler i Mir - A.D.S. S.L." <jsoler at adssl.com> schrieb am 28.01.2009
11:37:03:

> I'm just configuring the nagios3 and I have some trouble about the
> notifications by email.
> I don't want to use a local smtp server (defined on the commands.cfg) I
> want to use a external smtp server to send the notifications e-mails.
> Is this possible? Is some packet to do this?

Nagios is not responsible for how your smtp mail is dispatched.
Nagios passes it to the local submit agent (most likely sendmail)
and is done with it. It's up to the MTA (sendmail) to decide what
to do with a mail. If you want it to relay mails to an external SMTP,
configure sendmail to do it for you -> check the smarthost setting.

Regards
        Sascha

--
Sascha Runschke
IT-Infrastruktur

fon      : +49 (201) / 102-1879
fax      : +49 (201) / 102-1102105
mobil : +49 (173) / 5419665

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522