Mail Notifications by external SMTP

Jaume Soler i Mir - A.D.S. S.L. jsoler at adssl.com
Wed Jan 28 12:08:51 CET 2009

I define some more the problem:

I see the commands.cfg and I will write a new command or modify the
notify-host-by-email by using some external packet like msmtp.
I tryed this and I have no success. Anyone with this problem?

Is msmtp the best way? It's possible with mutt with an e-mail account
configurated?

Jaume Soler i Mir - A.D.S. S.L. escribió:
> Hi people!
>
> I'm just configuring the nagios3 and I have some trouble about the
> notifications by email.
> I don't want to use a local smtp server (defined on the commands.cfg) I
> want to use a external smtp server to send the notifications e-mails.
> Is this possible? Is some packet to do this?
>
> Thanks,

Jaume Soler i Mir,
jsoler at adssl.com

A.D.S. Anàlisis i Disseny de Software,