FW: NRPE installation fails since check_nrpe pluginis not found in the libexec directory

James Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Tue Jan 27 02:48:38 CET 2009

From: Rahul Nabar [mailto:rpnabar at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 8:47 PM
To: James Pratt
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] NRPE installation fails since check_nrpe pluginis not found in the libexec directory

Solved it! Thanks for all your help guys. Well, the 64 bit issue was a red herring. I am still not a 100% sure what my issue was  but here's what I think:

It was all a problem with NFS mounted drives. I have a base system and several of my remote hosts find their executibles by NFS mounts on the relevant dirs. I was trying to install from one such machine and that's when I had these problems. I went back and tried on the home-machine where these NFS mounts reside and it all worked.

No idea why! The only suspicion I have is some soft-links business. These don't span the NFS mounts I remember.

--
Rahul