NRPE installation fails since check_nrpe pluginis not found in the libexec directory

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:17:45 CET 2009

> Yes, check to ensure gnutls is also installed (rpm -q | grep tls) , and
> also run "ldconfig -v | grep ssl" and just be sure it can see the
> openssl-related *.so file(s).... ;)

Thanks Jamie! I'm stumped here am doing all checks possible to sniff out
what my problems are!

I am not very sure, but the output below seems to indicate that we have what
we need right?

rpm -q gnutls
gnutls-1.6.3-2.fc8
gnutls-1.6.3-2.fc8

ldconfig -v | grep ssl
        libssl.so.6 -> libssl.so.0.9.8b
        libssl.so.6 -> libssl.so.0.9.8b
        libssl3.so -> libssl3.so
        libgnutls-openssl.so.13 -> libgnutls-openssl.so.13.3.0
        libssl3.so -> libssl3.so
        libgnutls-openssl.so.13 -> libgnutls-openssl.so.13.3.0

>and just be sure it can see the openssl-related *.so file(s).... ;)

ls -al /usr/lib/libgnutls-openssl.so.13.3.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 102572 2007-08-21 16:25
/usr/lib/libgnutls-openssl.so.13.3.0

Hmm..I am not sure what you mean. Is the above a sufficient check?

Feel free to shoot more suggestions at me, however unlikely! At this point I
really am grasping at straws! :-(

In case it matters I am running FC8; pretty standard. Hence I had never
expected nrpe to be so difficult to get up and running!

--
Rahul