Hostgroup Issue

Alex Dehaini alexdehaini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 12:37:48 CET 2009

Yes, I do have a hostgroup.cfg file. The issue is, when I add a new host or
service - it doesn't show up in the cgi interface but nagios has seen it. My
entries in hostgroup.cfg file are working, however - since nagios do not see
these new hosts and services, they can't be displayed under the hostgroup.

I wish there was somewhere I could check investigate this. Here is a snippet
from my hostgroup.cfg file

define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  CANTOMENTS
        alias           SITE-CANTOMENTS
        members         core,sm at procreditadjangote,DNS1,*ap5.7 at cantoments
,sm at cantoments,switch at cantoments*
        }

define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  GIX
        alias           GIX
        members         core,bhmaster at gix,bhslave at kokomlemle2gix,router at gix
        }

define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  GT
        alias           GT
        members         core2gt,bhmaster at koko2gt,bhslave at gt2koko
        }

I added new hosts ap5.7 at cantoments,sm at cantoments and switch at cantoments and
their corresponding services. However, the cgi web interface does not show
them - that is the issue.

Hosts core and DNS1 are old entries and they come up alright under the
hostgroup but the others I added recently are not showing. Here is an image
of what I am talking about

Alex

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Steve Burton
<steve at sliderule.demon.co.uk>wrote:

> Alex Dehaini wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What config do you want me to post? I added the members to the hostgroup
>
> Do you have a 'hostgroups.cfg' or equivalent file?
>
> It should contain the definitions of any hostgroups you use.
> E.g. (cut from the documentation)
> define hostgroup{
>
>        hostgroup_name  hostgroup_name
>
>        alias   alias
>
>        members         hosts
>
>        hostgroup_members       hostgroups
>
>        notes   note_string
>
>        notes_url       url
>
>        action_url      url
>        }
>

> Steve.
>

> > On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com
> > <mailto:marc at ena.com>> wrote:
> >

> >     On Jan 20, 2009, at 3:36 AM, Alex Dehaini wrote:
> >
> >     > In the cgi view, I see the hostgroup but it says there are no host
> >     > or services added to it even after adding the host and service.
> >     >
> >     > Strange
> >
> >     If you want useful help for this you're going to have to post the
> >     relevant config information. At this point it seems that the
> hostgroup
> >     has no members or you are not permitted to see them.
> >
> >     --
> >     Marc

> >     ::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when
> >     reporting any issue.
> >     ::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent to
> /dev/null
> >

> > --
> > Alex Dehaini
> > Developer