Hosts report 'DOWN, HARD' after first attempt.

Jonathan Call jcall at verio.net
Fri Jan 16 22:15:49 CET 2009

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/configmain.html#passive_host_chec
ks
> _are_soft
>
> --
> Marc

If they're all assumed to be SOFT, then a host failure would never
trigger a notification?

Another potential option, if you're not using NSCA (like those using the
OCP_daemon) is to have the slave servers send out the notification
emails instead of the central one. The slaves would be active monitors
and would honor the host's max_check_attempts variable. This of course
introduces other problems if the slave is behind a restrictive firewall.

Jonathan

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio, Inc. makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.