check_dhcp seems not working

Fri Jan 16 04:55:07 CET 2009

Thank you!

In my case, the server-side firewall works without a problem. The server
does hand out DHCP addresses all the time.

It was the client-side firewall (i.e., the one on the Nagios server)
that blocked the DHCP request, even though I opened both ports 67 and 68
for both TCP and UDP. It happened both with broadcast DHCP requests and
with directed ones (using the -s <serverip> arg).

Oddly enough, I didn't see anything at all in the firewall log that
would indicate what was blocked.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.