Acknowledged by user + Service action url

Palle L Jensen palleje at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:28:00 CET 2009

Hello,

I have 2 problems that I am currently working on.

1. In Nagios Web-interface and when someone acknowledges a problem, the
Author (your name) it is pre-populated with "Nagios" and cannot be changed.
We would like to be able to populate that with operators that acknowledge
the problem.

- I have looked around on settings and permissions but can't find any
solution.

2. I wanted to have service action url in the acknowledge notes being sent
to operators from Nagios. The host action url works fine, but for the
service it does not populate the url in the notes.

- Below is how my commands look.

In commands.cfg it looks like this:

------ For host - and this works with action url: ------

notify-host-by-email /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios Monitoring 3.0.1
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nDate/Time:
$LONGDATETIME$\n\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress:
$HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\n\nOperator: $HOSTACKAUTHOR$\nComment:
$HOSTACKCOMMENT$\nUrl: $HOSTACTIONURL$" | /usr/bin/mail -s "**
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Host Alert: $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$

Acknowledge note looks like this:

***** Nagios Monitoring 3.0.1 *****

Notification Type: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Date/Time: Wed Jan 14 06:58:12 EST 2009

Host: hostname

State: DOWN

Address: 1xx.xx.xxx.xxx

Info: CRITICAL - Host Unreachable (1xx.xx.xxx.xxx)

Operator: nagios

Comment: Server was Microsoft patched and rebooted

<http://1xx.xx.xxx.xxx/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=1&host=>
&host=hostname

------ For service - this does not work with action url: -------

notify-service-by-email /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** CCO Nagios Monitoring
3.0.1 *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nDate/Time:
$LONGDATETIME$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress:
$HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nOperator:
$SERVICEACKAUTHOR$\nComment: $SERVICEACKCOMMENT$\nUrl:
$SERVICEACTIONURL$\nInfo:\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$" | /usr/bin/mail -s "**
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Service Alert: $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is
$SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$

Acknowledge note looks like this:

***** Nagios Monitoring 3.0.1 *****

Notification Type: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Date/Time: Tue Jan 13 07:38:43 EST 2009

Service: Disk-C

Host: hostname

Address: 1xx.xx.xxx.xxx

State: WARNING

Operator: nagios

Comment: Need to free up space, forwarding to operator xxxxx.

Info: c:\ - total: 9.77 Gb - used: 9.28 Gb (95%) - free 0.48 Gb (5%)

If anyone has any suggestions for changes that would make the 2 above
problems working it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PJ

<.|.>  OS:openSUSE 10.3 - Nagios:3.01 - Plugin 3.11  <.|.>