Elevated alerts

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Mon Jan 12 02:38:33 CET 2009

You've got it backwards below.  In the original email, you wanted only
warnings to go to email and warnings and critical alerts to go the 'pager'
address.  Remove the 'c' from the service notification options for the
email config and add a 'w' for the paging config.

James Moseley

             Grant Lowe
             <glowe at sbcglobal.
             net>                                                       To
                                       jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
             01/11/2009 06:21                                           cc
             PM                        nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Nagios-users] Elevated alerts

Hi James,

I think I understand it a little bit better.  As far as numerical users, do
you mean when a page is sent to a paging service, somehow, the user name is
converted to, a numerical user that the paging service uses?  That makes
sense I guess because you have to have a phone number to call for the page.

As far as the notification tags, do these look correct, with what I'm
trying to do?

define contact{
# Email config
host_notification_options                     d,u,r,f,s
service_notification_options                  w,c,u,r,f,s
host_notification_commands                    notify-host-by-email
service_notification_commands                 notify-service-by-email
}

And the other:

define contact{
# Paging config
host_notification_options                     d,u,r,f,s
service_notification_options                  c,u,r,f,s
host_notification_commands                    notify-host-by-email
service_notification_commands                 notify-service-by-email
# host_notification_commands                    notify-host-by-pager
# service_notification_commands                 notify-service-by-pager
}

Thanks for hanging in there with me!