Elevated alerts

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Sun Jan 11 02:18:29 CET 2009

In the 'email' contact config, you need all the service notification

This is because you want warning and critical alerts sent to email.

In the 'paging' config, gid rid of the following lines:

host_notification_commands                    notify-host-by-pager
service_notification_commands                 notify-service-by-pager
# Added pager line 01/09/2009
pager                                         glowe at pager.company.com

Then change the service notifications to: c,u,r,f,s

The way you have it now, the paging contact will not get critical alerts.
If your paging email address has a text username (glowe), you need to use
the notify-by-email arguments.  If the user is numerical, then yes, you can
use the notify-by-pager commands.  I mentioned this in my last email.  I've
never researched it, for I've found that if I have a non-numerical user in
an email address and I use the notify-by-pager default CONTACTPAGER macro,
the notification is not sent.

James Moseley

             Grant Lowe
             <glowe at sbcglobal.
             net>                                                       To
                                       jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
             01/10/2009 03:01                                           cc
             PM                        nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Nagios-users] Elevated alerts

define contact{
contact_name                                  glowe1
alias                                         Grant
contactgroups                                 solaris-admins
host_notifications_enabled                    1
service_notifications_enabled                 1
host_notification_period                      24x7
service_notification_period                   24x7
host_notification_options                     d,u,r,f,s,
service_notification_options                  w,u,r,f,s,
host_notification_commands                    notify-host-by-email
service_notification_commands                 notify-service-by-email
email                                         glowe at pager.company.com
can_submit_commands                           1
retain_status_information                     0
retain_nonstatus_information                  0
# Added pager line 01/09/2009
pager                                         glowe at pager.company.com
}