Service linked to hostgroup / notifications

Neu, Timothy TNeu at sjm.com
Fri Feb 27 21:20:18 CET 2009

As I understand it, running NTP on a VM is a complete waste of
resources, as there is no real per-VM clock to keep in sync. (i.e.,
you're updating ether)  VMWare "fakes" a clock whenever a process tries
to access one.

I know there are some kernel boot parameters that can be added to
improve time accuracy inside a VM.  Not sure if I found them on Redhat's
site or VMWare's...   That and VMWare tools time synchronization is the
best I've been able to come up with.

Tim Neu
Tel +1 651 756 6383
Fax +1 651 490 4310