Service linked to hostgroup / notifications

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Feb 26 19:31:20 CET 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 12:17 PM, David Fontaine wrote:

> Now, the question is : how do I apply the notification period to the
> service, but for only that one host ?
>
> Maybe I have to create a service for each host, so that I can
> specify different time periods for each service. There must be a way
> but I can't figure it out. I tried to define the same service on the
> host I would like not to receive notifications for, but Nagios
> complains about duplicates.

Untested but I would try defining the specific service with the
special time_period as you do above when nagios complained about
duplicates and at the same time, change your more general definition
to exclude that host. You must have use_true_regexp_matching enabled I
believe.

define service{
         use                     generic-service
         hostgroup_name          linux-servers
	host_name			!myspecialhost
         service_description     Time
         check_command           check_time!public
         }

--
Marc