Installing and configuring Nagios

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Feb 24 15:47:35 CET 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 8:31 AM, SyedMohammedSaif MabroorAhmed wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> im new to nagios,

Welcome.

> just installed nagios 2.12 on my centos machine. it is been
> installed successflly, now i want to add my host for testing. i
> added one host, but that did not work. Please can u give me any
> template for this.

nagios-2.12 is old. Unless you have a compelling reason to install it,
you should be using the latest, nagios-3.1.0.

You should also read the documentation and examine the sample config
files. Both are fairly comprehensive and will answer most of your
questions. As a bonus, you'll learn a lot about nagios and what kind
of information to provide when asking questions here.

--
Marc